New York Burn Injury Lawyers
Burns can be some of the most devastatingly painful and traumatizing injuries that accident victims receive. Burn injuries can be excruciating, disfiguring, and can leave victims vulnerable to life-threatening infections. Many burn injury victims are forced to cover costly medical expenses while losing money due to time spent off work.
Many of these accident victims are entitled to file legal claims against those responsible for their injuries. The aggressive and seasoned personal injury lawyers at Ingber & Provost can help you get the compensation you need after a burn injury accident in New York. Contact our offices in Poughkeepsie or Montgomery if you’ve suffered a severe burn injury in the Hudson Valley.
Common types of burn injuries
Burn injuries can vary greatly based on the source of the burn injury. Workers in certain professions may be more vulnerable to dangerous sources of burn injury than the average individual, especially those who work with electricity. Some of the most common sources of serious accidental burn injury include:
- Chemical burns: Certain chemicals, especially industrial-grade chemicals or those used for deep cleaning, can cause burns that may not appear severe initially, but become worse over time.
- Thermal burns: These include burns received from a heat source or hot object. Workers in factory settings or tradespersons who spend part of their jobs shaping metal or welding are among those most at risk of suffering severe thermal burns.
- Electrical burns: Burns caused by exposure to live wires or other sources of electricity are extremely serious and can cause multiple forms of physical injury from a single shock. Electrical burns can not only burn the skin of the victim, but they can also cause internal damage to organs and soft tissues, along with neurological damage, and even hold the potential to cause a heart attack.
Why do burn injuries happen?
Burn injuries can happen at any time, but some of the most common reasons for burn injuries include:
- Car accidents: Car accident victims often suffer burn injuries, ranging from burns that result from the detonation of an airbag to more severe burns should a vehicle burst into flames in a crash.
- Dangerous and defective products: Certain models of personal electronic items such as tablets, phones, or laptops have become notorious for exploding or bursting into flame, injuring their owners. Defective water heaters, scooters, hoverboards, grills, and ovens have also been known to injure their owners, leaving the manufacturers liable to their customers for these injuries.
- On-the-job burns: Jobs and workplaces that require the use of heavy machinery, open flame, industrial-grade chemicals, or electricity all carry a risk of serious burns.
Help is Available After Severe Burn Injuries in New York’s Hudson Valley
Get the help you need receiving compensation after a burn injury by contacting the compassionate, diligent, and professional Hudson Valley burn injury lawyers at Ingber & Provost for a free consultation in Poughkeepsie or Montgomery at 845-733-2720.